Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day two and I almost forgot!

So it's day two and I almost forgot to blog.  Sheesh.  The girls are being handfuls today, and I really needed to take some chill time during nap time, which is my designated blog, crochet, practice, whatever time.  So.

I did crochet today, and I've been working on lots of projects.  I've had a spate of friends and acquaintances get knocked up recently, and I've been making baby blankets and baby sweaters like mad.  I just finished two adorable baby sweaters for my friend who is due with twins, and a blanket for a friend of my dads.  I have a baby blanket on the hook for a friend due in early January, and a hoodie for Boo for Christmas.  I try not to do too many crocheted gifts for Xmas, B is kinda weird about it, and I have eyes way bigger than my hooks for how many projects I can reasonably get done before Xmas.  I tend to start small, "oh I 'll just do Boo's hoodie" and then it escalates "oh and I'll just do crocheted snowflakes for stocking stuffers, and crocheted gift tags, and plushies for all the little kids and "  and then my brain explodes in a smoking pile of goo.  I always find just one more thing I want to make.  The girls need slippers.  The girls need mittens.  Wouldn't it be nice to make hats for everyone?  But I can only do so much, and I don't have time to crochet seven hours a day.  So.  I just finished some slippers for Boo.  I need to get white and black yarn, because I'm making character slippers from yo gabba gabba at her request.  I want to do a pair of Elmo slippers for maus, because once I have the black and white yarn I already have more red.  I might to something for B, which I'm not saying in case he actually reads the blog.  :D  But other than those things and the sweater and blanket, that's it.  I know, right?  Tons to get done before Xmas.  But oh well.  I enjoy it, its something to do that keeps my hands busy and creates nice things to give and keep.  I just finished a sweater I'd been working on for literally two years a couple months ago, a lovely blue cardi.  I intend to make a short sleeved version for myself for summer sometime after the new year.  Maybe get some lovely artisan yarn.  That's the next thing I'd like to do, start using really good quality yarns for my projects.  I'd also like to do a ripple blanket to use up some of the odds and ends I have in my stash.  Again that must wait till after Xmas.  Lots going on in crochet world for me.  Oddly I find crocheting a seasonal habit.  I ignore it in the summer and pick it up again in fall and winter. 

2 comments:

  1. good job starting back up again. I love the dishcloths you did for me, so I'm all about crocheting gifts. If you keep up, maybe you will shame me into keeping up with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like them, I need to make a set for myself. We'll see if I make it through the whole month. It'll be interesting.

    ReplyDelete